Tuesday, May 17, 2011

MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND . . .

Since everyone is so busy on the weekend (and especially with Mother's Day and everyone trying to spend time with mothers and mother-in-laws) we decided to meet for lunch on Saturday to celebrate with all the moms that were able to be there. My daughter and her husband were celebrating their 8th wedding anniversary so they weren't there and my son was in Austin for the weekend so I took the big girlie with me and we met my sister, her children and grandchildren and my mom for a Mexican lunch.


My sister hates to have her picture taken but she allowed this one.


Mother sure doesn't look her age (84 - but don't tell her I told you).


My niece, Lynley, and her boy friend, Blake.


My nephew, Ryan, and his "intended", Grace (they are getting married in November).


My nephew, Devon, and his big boy, Austin.


Devon's wife, Nicole, and their little girl, Casey.

We had a great time and, as always, love getting together to visit and catch up on everyone's lives. We all live in different areas of the Metroplex so special occassions are nice.

While we were at the restaurant I had to take the big girlie to the bathroom. While washing her hands she was carring on a conversation with a lady that went something like this:

Lady: "Where did you get that pretty red hair?"

Kylie: "From Jesus."

Lady: "Well that is a very special gift He gave you."

Kylie: "Did you know that Jesus died on the cross for us?"

Lady: "Yes, I did."

Kylie: "But He rose and went to heaven. Isn"t that nice."

Lady: "Yes, it sure is."


Children sure listen to what is being said and they aren't afraid to speak up and tell you all about what they have learned.







No comments: