Monday, September 6, 2010

HAPPY LABOR DAY . . .

I spent two days last week at my daughter's house helping her with the children so I had to play catch-up at my house this weekend plus nursing Norman who found out last week that he has a partial collapsed lung.

After cleaning the house I decided to make some cookies (hoping that would make him feel better). My friend, Jan, gave me this recipe years ago and my children loved them so I thought I would share the recipe with you.

Good Cookies

1 cup Wesson oil
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 egg, beaten
1 cup corn flakes
1 cup quick oatmeal
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
3-1/2 cups flour

Mix all ingredients together. Form into small balls and flatten each ball with a glass that has been dipped in sugar. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. (makes 8 dozen cookies)

There is nothing better than a plate full of crunchy, homemade cookies.

Enjoy!



No comments: