Thursday, March 31, 2011

LUKE'S SECOND BIRTHDAY PARTY . . .

Saturday in Texas was a beautiful day and an especially wonderful day because we celebrated our little man's 2nd birthday (actually his birthday was Wednesday) with his Mom, Dad, sisters, grandmother (me), great grandmother, uncles, aunts, great aunt, and cousins. All in all there were about 15 people who came to our house on Saturday afternoon to see a little boy so excited he could hardly contain himself.


It was a Mickey Mouse theme since he can't see to get enough of Mickey.




My mother had gotten him a tool table for my brother to give him and since it was unwrapped he saw it first and couldn't wait to get his hands on the tools.


From what I could tell he loved everything he received. He loves cars and race tracks and could hardly wait until my son had put it together so that he race those cars.





The big hit of the party was the the battery operated Yamaha that I got him. I wish I had gotten a picture of his face when he saw it. He immediately jumped up from the floor and hopped on it and started to ride around the house. I think he loved it (and so did his cousin, Austin.)




Surprisingly they shared it very well (even with Mom.)


They also loved the T-ball game that Beejee (my mother) got him and the boys took turns hitting (or trying to) the ball.




Before we knew it, it was time to light the candles, blow them out and call it a day.


Thank goodness for all the new toys because the week started out so cold and wet and they couldn't go outside to play. That makes for a long day. We put together the water play table that Aunt Mel and Uncle Quincy got for him and they loved pretending that they were sailing their boats. Children really do love a party and so do the adults. There is always another one right around the corner.

No comments: