Wednesday, December 15, 2010

CHRISTMAS PROGRAMS . . .

I love this time of the year - the lights, trees, good food and all the wonderful music. The only thing that could make it better would be a little snow. I love the fact that so many of the churches in our area put on Christmas programs or Cantatas. Our Cantata is always held on the first Sunday of December and all three services are filled to capacity. I usually sing with the choir but this year was different. With Norman so sick I was not able to go to any of the practices so I invited a friend to join me in the congregation to enjoy all the music - the choir was at its best and so was the orchestra. And the music . . . so uplifting.


One of the things I love is when the little children come in to sing with the choir. They are so adorable and sing with their hearts.

Then this last Sunday my sister invited me to go with her and a mutual friend of ours to see a Christmas program put on by another church in our area. What a production. It was almost like a Broadway play. The pictures didn't turn out great but maybe you can get the idea of how grand this program was and how many people it took to put it on.



They even had live animals - notice the camels in this picture.

It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon - lunch with my sister and a friend then off to enjoy a wonderful program celebrating the birth of Jesus and the Christmas season. An afternoon filled with dancing and great music. What could be better!!

No comments: